Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Recovery, Day 3


Finally! Sleep. Yes, I slept last night for the first time in days. Thank you Jesus! I haven't been this tired since I had my last baby 6 yrs ago. Melissa in pain, sleepy, and grumpy is not a good combo! And as if being in pain, sleepy, and grumpy isn't enough...I have a new zit too!!! Just look at it!


Today I am still keeping my foot elevated. No real change from yesterday. Still hurts. Still hangin' out on the couch. I have a new caregiver today however. My mom is here. I'm thrilled to be able to spend so much time with her. She doesn't live that far away, but we rarely get to spend time together...especially this much time. She is staying here for 2 days. I may be 41 years old, but having my mommy here to take care of me takes me back. It's like I'm a little girl again. There is nothing quite like a mother's touch. I've already mentioned in a previous blog what a big baby I am, so having my mom here is just what I need! I'm her baby after all. The kids were so excited to have their Mamaw spend the night. She had the honor this afternoon of helping Hayley Grace with her homework. Aren't they so cute (in the picture)? I love my mama!

My good friend Angie stopped by this morning. She brought Lunchables. Yes, you know, Lunchables. She knew that many people brought us meals so she brought lunch for the kids. My kids do not buy school lunch, so this is a huge help! And they are going to be so excited when they find out that they get Lunchables for the next 2 days. She also stayed for a little while so we could visit. It lifted my spirits way up. I'm social and I miss being around people. Bless your sweet heart Angie! I needed some girlfriend time.

Girlfriends. I need them and I love them. My work girlfriends have called me 3 times today. Just to talk and be sweet. They knew I was sad, so they called. They heard I was in pain, so they prayed. They were having fun opening the mail at the office, so they called to share the fun. Oh I miss them!!!!!

As I reflect on Day 3, once again, I am reminded of my blessings. God's goodness has been so evident and clear. The physical pain is dull in comparison to the great blessings I have in my friends and family. Love really is the greatest gift of all. I pray that a day never passes that I don't realize just that.
Well, look who just walked in? He worked hard all day long. Welcome Home Honey!
Feeling the Love,

Melissa

2 comments:

Denise said...

I love seeing MAUMAU and Jeff looks HOT ... your zit does not!
xoxxoxo D

Jodie Wolfe said...

So glad your day went better. Praying that each day the pain lessons more and more until you are soon pain free.

Perhaps this time of being stuck on the sofa will give you an opportunity to get in God's presence in a way that you never have been able to find the time to do before now. I pray you have sweet fellowship time with your "Daddy".