Saturday, February 23, 2008

No Longer Waiting (and a recovery update)

For the past 2 days, I took a little break from blogging and instead devoted my time to writing devotions. It has been a while since I wrote one. I have been writing devotions for Proverbs 31 Ministries for 5 years. I truly believe that during the last year God just wanted me to soak in lessons from other devo writers, friends, and Him instead of sharing my own. The past 6 months have been a season of rebuilding and reflecting for me. So, I did just that. Instead of pouring out to teach and share with others, I sat still, listened, and learned. God was working on me and He needed my undivided attention.

I felt the Lord prompting me to start writing again in January, 2008. That's when I set up this blog, my "I Am Beautiful" blog (www.BeautifulP31.blogspot.com) and our family blog. I used these 3 as healthy outlets to begin sharing the different life changing lessons God had been showing me throughout 2007. I also used these blogs to reach out to others. 2007 was an extrememly difficult year. I pray God will use the hard times to help someone else. So I am sharing. A few have mentioned that there is no need for me to share the "dark places" in my life. I know better. God's Word says in Isaiah 45:3, "I will bring treasures in the darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name." Yes, that's right. There are treasures even in the darkest of places. Last year it was my marriage. It was in a deep pit. But my husband and I got through it, went to counseling, recommitted to each other, and now we are stronger than ever. Our marriage did not go back to how it used to be, it bumped up a level. Not only are Jeff and I rock solid today, but we want to help others and encourage people who feel hopeless. We know that with God, hopelessness does not exist. If we weren't willing to share the dark places of our lives, then God really can't bring purpose and treasures out of them. God call us by name. And I can hear Him calling me to #1 a radical commitment to Him, #2 a radical commitment to my husband and family, and #3 to write, speak, and share the work that He has done throughout my life....even in the darkest of times. He is calling me to write again. I started with blogging and now I'm ready to writed devotions again.

Yesterday I wrote and submitted two devotions to Proverbs 31. I think before the weekend is up, I may write two more. It's as if God is oozing out of my pores and I have to write about it. I can't just sit here anymore. I hear Him saying, "The wait is over. No longer do I want you to sit still. Do what I have called you to do."
Do you hear God calling you to do anything? To maybe step out of your comfort zone? Are you willing to share the dark places if God can use them for good? Listen closely to what He says. And if you can't hear Him, slow down for a while and spend some time in His Word. Too often the busyness of our lives can drown out the Lord's voice. Ever heard the verse in Psalms that says, "BE STILL and know that I AM GOD."?
Well, I must get moving. I'm actually going to bathe today:) Check in later because I'll be sharing some information for those of you interested in Speaking or Writing and possibly considering attending the She Speaks Conference.
Happy Weekend!
Love,
Melissa


******About my recovery. The past 3 days have been tough. I'm sick of sitting still in the same position. My body hurts. I'm having weird dreams. I'm still in a lot of pain. I want to go outside! I don't want to complain though. This surgery was a good thing and this is a very minor thing to go through considering the rewards will be great. I've been living with the pain of this bunion for a few years now. It's really selfish of me to complain when I have so many blessings, but I am down in the dumps. My friend Amy Woods brought me a great meal on Thursday and visited with me for a little while. I so enjoyed that. My friends and family have taken really good care of me and they have gone out of their way to care for me, Jeff, and the kids. I don't have any pictures to post today because I haven't taken any in the past few days.

1 comment:

Joyful said...

Hi Melissa,
Just wanted to say how your questions at the close of your post today have stirred my heart. The one that grabbed me the most, was.."Are you willing to share the dark places if God can use them for good?" Just today I added a post on my blog about "Christian Camouflage" and the many shades and colours I have hid behind. I love that verse - "I will bring treasures in the darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name." WOW! Over the last couple of weeks I've written about being "Unmasked", "Regrets" etc... God is calling me to a new level of vulnerability and openness. Thank you for sharing your heart. You have encouraged me.
Blessings,
Joy