Tuesday, February 5, 2008

G.N.O. (Girl's Night Out)





Do you know where all the cool chicks are hangin' out this week? Well, if you don't already have tickets, you are out of luck! Thankfully, we had them. Or I should say, thanks to my sweet mother in law we had them. Yes, it was G.N.O.....Girl's Night Out. If you are a Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus fan, then you know already know what G.N.O. means:) And oh, what a great time we had!
Jeff's mom (pictured above) treated Hayley Grace and 2 friends (Sydney and So Won) and me, to the Hannah Montana 3-D Concert Movie. This was such an experience. First of all, Hayley Grace is my first daughter. I have 3 other boys. They do not squeal and sway their arms to the music. I got so much joy just from watching these 3 precious girls. They screamed. They squealed. They giggled. They sang along with every song. And when Hannah's guests, The Jonas Brothers, came on stage, they screamed, "ooh, they're hot!" What did they say????? They were dressed alike and they had the biggest smiles. Oh how it warmed my heart. And Jeff's mom, who we affectionately call "Lacey", has 2 boys. So this girl thing is new to all of us. And how we love it!
A few cool notes here. Sydney, the blonde friend of Hayley Grace, is the daughter of one of my very best friends. Her mom's name is Donna. Donna and I have been friends since 5th grade. How totally cool is it to watch our daughters grow close. It doesn't seem like that long ago since me and Donna were in 5th grade together and now our daughters are going to Hannah Montana and starting a relationship that I can only hope and pray will turn out like their moms'.
So Won, Hayley Grace's cute little Asian friend, is from Korea. She is in HG's class this year and they have become great friends. Her mom and I have become friends too. The coolest thing we have in common is that we are both in love with the same man....Jesus! Now who did you think I was going to say? This is a common bond that has brought us together. There is a big language barrier, but our faith has bridged the gap. It has been a blessing to me and my daughter.
So there you have it. G.N.O. Girl's Night Out. The songs are stuck in my head. The visual images are stuck in my head. Another memory. Time is so precious. God gives us the moments, but we never know how many we'll have. Make your time count. It's the one thing you can't get back. I will treasure this event for years to come. Thanks Lacey for giving us all such a great time...a fantastic memory....an awesome G.N.O.
Rock On Sistas,
Melissa

5 comments:

Denise said...

HG, tell your mom that the next GNO I am going! These pics. are awesome! HG keep your tongue in your mouth.... what are you a Taylor or something! SOOO FUN!

Celly B said...

This looks like such a fun GNO! I have read so much about the Hannah Montana movie today that it makes me wish my daughter were just a little older so that we could take part, too!

Thank you, too, for your sweet comment on my blog. I am continuing to pray about going to She Speaks.

Donna said...

G.N.O. - When Sydney told me about the movie and how much fun she had, I felt like I'd been right beside her. I'm so glad Sydney has bonded with HG and it's such a trip to think of all the times to come. I have the fondest memories of growing up with Melissa and will cherish them forever...thank goodness our girls won't be reading the journals Melissa kept way back then...those details are best left in our heads...j/k...well not really...LOL. Love ya girl :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great GNO! I wish I could find a theatre in Hawaii that the HM movie is playing at so we could go, too!

Unknown said...

GNO- I am sure that was fun. I love to watch HM episode. I must have seen almost all of tem. I am 20 years old. I wish I could have seen her in concert also but I live faraway. I live in the caribbean.