Thursday, September 24, 2009

Faith Confession #6

Yesterday I posted one of my church's 12 Faith Confessions. Today, I'll post another. #6.

"I have no insecurity because I see myself the way God sees me."


I posted this statement on my FaceBook and Twitter pages today. The comments I received were interesting to me. Here they are:

Words to strive for ;)

I agree. I'm working on faith and believing God. Not as easy as you think it might be. I have trust issues.

That preaches good but not so easy to live.


Why is it so hard to believe this? I'll tell you why.

We are human. Insecurity began the minute sin entered the picture. And ever since, we have struggled with feeling secure and good about ourselves.

Just like the woman said in the comment above, It's not easy to live. I recite the confession. I know it can be true. But not because of me. Only because of Christ in me. Melissa is not secure. Melissa does not see herself in high esteem. But God sees me differently. And I believe God. So for that reason, I have no insecurity. I do see myself the way God sees me. (or at least I keep telling myself that!)

Ladies, we have to make a change. We can't live our lives thinking and talking ourselves down. Thinking ourselves inferior to others. Comparing ourselves. I do it too. I know it's hard. But we should believe like God.

So, repeat after me...

"I have no insecurity because I see myself the way God sees me." and now say it again...."I have no insecurity because I see myself the way God sees me." And when you don't feel it, that's okay. You know the truth. Remember that feelings are fickle. But God isn't.


Be blessed,

Melissa







1 comment:

Lynn Cowell said...

Melissa,
In my reading today (Luke) Elizabeth said to Mary "Blessed are you who believe". We too will be blessed when we believe!
Love you!
Lynn