Thursday, September 3, 2009

Change is scary and hard and challenging...

But real good! I've been working on some new "stuff"...you know what stuff is right? You know, stuff. Well in this case stuff is what I'm workin on! Am I making any sense? Forgive my silliness!

Really, I have been challenged lately in ministry. It is time to step it up a notch, take some risks, devote more time, and really pursue excellence. This requires some changes and also some unchartered territory for me. I am putting myself in a position to be evaluated, critiqued, chewed up and spat out, all for Jesus :) And I'm serious about that. I truly want to give my best so that Jesus shines. For that reason, I want to keep growing and learning. And for that reason I'm taking the next few months to devote to intense study, training, refining, and growth...all closer to the heart of God. I'm excited and nervous, but also so thankful for the opportunities ahead. God is good and with Him I'm traveling this sometimes bumpy road.

With all that said, I'll still keep blogging, writing, speaking, working, etc. In fact, you should see some major changes in this blog in the next few weeks. Finally after almost 2 years of blogging I'm actually getting a design :) Oooohhhh, impressive. LOL! I think I'm the last person in the world to do this!

Well, it's a big day here at the Taylor house. College football starts today! It's my favorite time of year. And my team plays tonight on ESPN. Join me in yelling, "Go Gamecocks!"

Hey, have you had a challenge in your life that you were a little scared about, but also excited? How did you proceed without being nervous or listening to the wrong voice? Please share if you want to.

All for now, it's Game Time!

Love,

Melissa

5 comments:

Angie said...

I am actually being challenged now. To step out of my comfort zone in many areas of my life.

Excited? Yes, because developing an intimate relationship with God is the first. I have recently read that this is what we are called to do and then once we develope that relationship, He will begin to reveal specific things to us.

My specifics, I don't know. But I do know that I have many areas that I am searching for answers. Things I don't understand, areas that need restoring and it is scary.

My comfort zone became a place where I went so I didn't feel anything. A place where I could run and hide.

I have been challenged by several things lately and I think it is time to step up and step out!

I look forward to hearing what challenges you overcome.

Sharon Sloan said...

Hi, Melissa.

Excited to see the changes coming for you! :) "Pursuing excellence" in serving Him! I just love that. Thank you for spurring us on in that way.

Love you friend!
O-T-C-Hugs to you!
Sharon :)

Wendy Blight said...

Praying for you, Melissa. I know God has grown you SO very much in the last few years...painful growth, beautiful growth, fruitful growth. Walking alongside you on your journey has inspired me!!!

God will do a great and marvelous work in you through this time, and then use that sacrifice and obedience to bring much glory and honor and praise to His name.

Love,

Wendy

Joyful said...

Melissa, rejoicing with you over all the Lord is doing in your life.

My biggest challenge right now is one that has been repeated over and over all summer as I've sat in Chapel services here "up north". Continually the Lord has been challenging me to be more of a witness for Him. To be more bold in sharing the good news of salvation. If He blesses me with a new day, there is a purpose. Am I fulfilling that purpose today?

Not exactly sure where all this is going, but I'm surrendering to His plans, whatever they may be.

Love ya,
Joy

Lysa TerKeurst said...

I love you Melissa... and I'm so proud of you.