Friday, September 5, 2008

Fun Friday :) I'm the mom of ...

A South Charlotte Shocker Football Player!!!!! That's right, Hayden made the team! Yeah!!!! I'm a football mom!

How emotional though. The parents were waiting outside the gym. The boys seemed to never come out. It was 30 minutes past the pick up time. Finally a few boys trickled out ... looking very sad. I hate that part. Then another came out, lip quivering, searching the group of parents for his. He found his mom and fell apart in her arms. I about lost it. I hate that there have to be cuts. I understand it. I've been cut before. And I know it's a part of life, but it still breaks my heart.

Finally, out comes Hayden. Looking rather sad, but with a smirk on his face. He was trying to look sad, but he couldn't hold that for long. He grinned from ear to ear, quietly walked up to his dad and I and said, "I made the team." Oh how I longed to hear those words, "I made the team." (there's an upcoming devotion in that for sure!)

So a Fun Friday it is around the Taylor household. Now I have one more thing to add to my schedule: Thursday afternoon football games! And I couldn't be happier!

Have a great weekend y'all!
Love,

Melissa

4 comments:

Joyful said...

Congratulations Hayden!!! I'm sure the Taylor household is celebrating tonight!

Have a happy weekend,
Joy

Chef Diane said...

Yeah for Hayden. I hope he has a great season.
Hugs,
Diane
Thanks for the use of comment. It was good to talk to you.

Anonymous said...

I know you are so proud and excited! Whew, I know that feeling of waiting to hear I went through that this year with cheerleading, and yes we made it! I bet you will be one of the loudest cheering moms at the games. Have fun!
Margaret

Unknown said...

Congrats to Hayden! Just think now you have a perfectly good excuse to scream and yell ouder than anyone else in the stands!