Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Mother in Law Rocks!

I don't think I've ever blogged about my mother in law before. It's about darn time.

My mother in law is just the best. She's kind. She's wise. She's non judgmental. She's forgiving. She's helpful. She's a wonderful grandmother. She's a wonderful wife. She's a wonderful mother. She's beautiful. She's giving. She's so unselfish. She gave birth to the most amazing man ever (my husband!). She's loving. She's a fashionista. And I am so grateful to have her in my life.

There have been many times that she has been there for me. I met her when I was 14 years old. Just so you know, I'm 42 now....so that's a long time. From the day I met her, she made me feel like I was a part of her family. At 14 and at 42.

She has also loved my family. She has loved my mom and her husband, my dad, my sister and her husband and kids....all like they were her own family. Loved unconditionally. She even loves Princess, my dog, like she's family. Each year, she arranges a vacation for us all at the beach. Complete with 4 generations. She's a blessing. A blessing from God.

Today she picked me up at work and we went shopping for clothes. I'm a terrible shopper. She's a great shopper. I went to the dressing room and she brought me clothes to try on. If you've ever seen the show "What Not To Wear"....well, I'd be a great candidate. But today, even Stacey and Clinton would be impressed with my purchases. Not because of my choices, but because of my mother in law's. She just has this knack for selecting clothes that look great. I lost 20 pounds just by the outfits she selected. And I have a high school reunion next week, so that's pretty darn important! And they were all bargains!!!!!

After our shopping spree, she brought me back to the P31 office. She mentioned that she was on her way to Goodwill to drop off some shoes. Well, instead, we took the 4 bags of shoes into the office and well...all of us P31 gals have new shoes now!!!!! How awesome is that???

I know many women don't share or get along so well with their mother in laws. I'm so thankful that I'm not one of those women. My mother in law rocks. And I love her with all my heart.

Thanks so much for all of the prayers. I know I had quite a pity party with my last post. I'm going through a hard time, but I know all will be okay. Thank you for reminding me of that

Blue, but Loving Life,

Melissa

6 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a special lady she sounds like.....I want to always be that kind of mother-in-law too...I love my daughter-in-law and son-in-law just like they are my kids.

Joyful said...

WOW - she IS special!!!! I had a wonderful mother-in-law too. The best!!! I could talk to her about anything and felt completely 'at home' with her. She was so special. Sadly, over 8 years ago now, cancer claimed her life very suddenly. From diagnosis to death was just over one month. We miss her greatly. Another reminder to treasure all our loved ones.

Beautiful tribute here my friend. I hope she reads your blog :o)

Hugs,
Joy

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
How special it is to have such an amazing mother-in-law. I have two great ones.
On to a funny note, I wear my husbands clothes too! He has told me that one day I am going to find myself on "What Not to Wear". He is such a jokester (at least i hope he is joking).
Glad you had a nice day yesterday and that you have a smile on your face now.
Have a GREAT day!
Nicole

Chef Diane said...

Wow, now that's a good day in spite of things. Thank God for mother-in-laws.

Glad you got some other shades to add to the blue.
Love you girlfriend,
What kind of clothes take off 20 pounds, pass them my way! tee hee
Diane

Sharon Sloan said...

This is wonderful! I was just reading through "Ruth"...and it is SUCH a blessing that you have a good relationship with your MIL! :)

My girlfriend's MIL is so hip...she buys my girlfriend that greatest clothes and jewelry.

I pray I am a hip and fun MIL one day to my cherubs' spouses. :)

How nice that your MIL turned your "blue" into "happy"! :)

Cazandra Campos-MacDonald said...

Not many people can talk about their mothers-in-law like you just did, and I can too! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful woman in my life. I lost my own mother 12 years ago and my mother-in-law has stepped right in to care for me as if I was her own daughter.

We are blessed!

Take care,
Cazandra
http://oozingeveryday.blogspot.com